1 combining into a solid mass
2 the act of combining into an integral whole; "a consolidation of two corporations"; "after their consolidation the two bills were passed unanimously"; "the defendants asked for a consolidation of the actions against them" [syn: integration]
3 something that has consolidated into a compact mass; "he dropped the consolidation into the acid bath"
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act or process of consolidating, making firm, or uniting; the state of being consolidated; solidification; combination.
- The combination of several actions into one.
The act or process of consolidating
The combination of several actions into one
Consolidation may refer to the following:
- Consolidation (business), the mergers or acquisitions of many smaller companies into much larger ones
- Consolidation (soil), a geological process whereby a soil decreases in volume
- Consolidation (media), consolidation in the United States media into a few companies
- Consolidation (medicine), a clinical term for solidification into a firm dense mass
- Championship consolidation, the act of combining two separate championships into a single title
- Data consolidation, the consolidation of data from multiple sources into a centralized system
- Democratic consolidation, the process by which a new democracy matures
- Memory consolidation, the process by which recent memories are crystallised into long-term memory
- School consolidation, the process of combining two or more small schools into one larger institution
- Federal student loan consolidation, allows students to consolidate student loans into one single debt
- Consolidation, a popular name of a steam locomotive type, with 2-8-0 wheel, built first in 1864. The name came from consolidation of two rail companies
- Consolidated city-county, a consolidation of city and county governments used by some United States cities
- Travel consolidators, a consolidation of travel services in one package or at one single point of access
- Likud, an Israeli conservative revisionist Zionist political party whose name is Hebrew for "Consolidation"
consolidation in German: Konsolidierung
consolidation in French: Consolidation
consolidation in Russian: Консолидация
Anschluss, abbreviation, accelerando, acceleration, accretion, addition, adherence, adhesion, affiliation, agglomeration, agglutination, aggravation, aggregation, alliance, amalgamation, assimilation, association, astriction, astringency, beefing-up, blend, blending, blowing up, blowup, bottleneck, cabal, cahoots, cartel, centralization, cervix, circumscription, cling, clinging, clotting, clumping, clustering, coadunation, coagulation, coalescence, coalition, coarctation, coherence, cohesion, cohesiveness, colleagueship, collegialism, collegiality, combination, combine, combo, compactedness, compaction, composition, compression, compressure, comradeship, concentration, concretion, condensation, confederacy, confederation, confraternity, congealment, congelation, congeries, conglobation, conglomeration, conjugation, conjunction, conspiracy, constriction, constringency, contraction, contracture, copartnership, copartnery, curtailment, decrease, deepening, densification, diminuendo, ecumenism, embodiment, encompassment, enhancement, enosis, exacerbation, exaggeration, explosion, federalization, federation, fellowship, fraternalism, fraternity, fraternization, freemasonry, fusion, hardening, heating-up, heightening, hookup, hourglass, hourglass figure, inclusion, incorporation, information explosion, inseparability, integration, intensification, isthmus, junction, junta, knitting, league, magnification, marriage, meld, melding, mergence, merger, merging, narrow place, narrowing, neck, package, package deal, partnership, pickup, population explosion, puckering, pursing, redoubling, reduction, reinforcement, set, shortening, sodality, solidification, sorority, speedup, step-up, sticking, stranglement, strangulation, strengthening, striction, stricture, syncretism, syndication, syneresis, synthesis, systole, tie-in, tie-up, tightening, unification, union, wasp waist, wedding, wrinkling